Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Love Letter To Your Spouse


When was the last time you took time out of your busy schedule to write your spouse a letter? Not just a list of to-dos or a grocery list, but a love letter saying how much you appreciate them and value having them in your life. We get caught up in everyday life, that we allow our marriages to miss the little things that can sometimes over shadow the very things we think are major problems. Whether you are having problems in your marriage or your marriage is perfect, you can still speak life into it by writing your spouse a LOVE LETTER today!

Don't take for granted that your spouse will always be around and knows exactly how you feel about them. Have a heart of forgiveness, let down your pride and show them some love today! Below is a letter that has been drafted for you, as you make a commitment to start encouraging your spouse and setting your marriage on fire.

Dear (insert your spouse's name here),

I wanted to write this letter to let you know that I am thinking about you and that I love you so much. I know we have our differences and we were made into two different people, but I believe we were made us just for each other. I appreciate all that you have done for me and all that you continue to do to show your love for me. Thank You!

You make me smile when I don't feel like smiling; you make me happy when I am sad and you bring joy and peace into my everyday worries. For that, I am so blessed to have you as my spouse and I am thankful for you every day.

I cherish each day I can wake up next to you and spend time together, whether it's a lot of time or a small block of time. I also cherish each night that we share our bed together; knowing that we can end our night as one holding each other, and letting go of the worries from that day.

I often ask the question, "Can I really be this blessed to have you in my life?" My answer is always a resounding yes because how can I complain about someone as wonderful as you are. You were wonderful enough for me to marry you, so I know that what made you so special back then is still shining bright in you.

On this day, I wanted to thank you for loving me, thank you for putting up with me, thank you for being patient with me, thank you for making me smile, thank you for serving me and most of all, thank you for being the wonderful person that I have come to love so much.

Please forgive me if I have ever done or said anything to hurt you, because I want us walk this journey together in love and a renewed commitment to each other.

I hope our marriage will forever be blessed not just as a marriage, but as a "holy matrimony." My sincere prayer is that we can continue to walk this journey side-by-side and day-by-day loving each other, until "death parts us."

Love Always,

(Insert your name here)

You may think that this is only a letter, but it's not just a letter. Our words and how we use them in our marriage can have a profound positive impact on how our marriage will grow. Do you want your marriage to grow and prosper? If so, then speak life and joy into your spouse and about your marriage. Don't give up on your marriage or your love for your spouse. Write them that love letter that they can cherish forever.
Author's Bio
Certified Life Coach, Motivational Evangelist, Professor, Author. Dawgelene has a passion for speaking, writing and motivating others to reach higher heights, which has spanned the past 20 years. She strives to motivate others to press forward with a passion for achieving their goals, and maximizing their God-given potential in every area of their lives. Her particular areas of expertise include leadership and motivation, which she feels is essential for getting individuals to ditch that in-the-box mentality, and expand the scope of their royal success.

She started www.ThinkRoyally.com, to provide free advice to individuals seeking positivity in their lives, as well as co-founding www.themarriagereport.org, which is dedicated to providing inspiration for married couples.

She developed this way of thinking: "In order to find YOUR royal flow, you have to first identify it, get in the water at a level that works for you, and swim like a fish upstream"

No comments:

Post a Comment